Our church will be one year old as of this Sunday! It's exciting (although today I am a bit worn out). I'll write more after Sunday is over and post pictures.
The year has been so much harder than I could have imagined. The year has been so much better than I could have imagined. The year has been the best year of my life!
When I was preparing for the opening of the church, I read a lot about starting churches. One of the articles had a long list of quotes from church planters about their first year experiences. Some were excited while many others were discouraged. Some were optimistic, while many others were pessimistic. I couldn't understand then how these experiences could be so different from one another. Today? Well today, I just agree....with ALL of them!
It's been awful and it's been great. Most of all, it's been worth every ounce of sweat and every ounce of emotional and spiritual energy that I could muster. Thank you Lord for our new church!
No comments:
Post a Comment