Our dear friend and sister in the Lord, Carol Bertone has gone on ahead of us to be with our Lord Jesus. Carol, we miss you and we love you! We thank God for the friendship that we shared with you and for the kindness that you showed us all each day. We look forward to the day when we will be reunited with you.
May God bless and comfort your family and especially your son Justin. We know how much you loved him and we trust that God will care for him in your absence.
You served faithfully in church ministries and on mission trips. You ministered to each of us more than you probably know and we will not forget you. You fought cancer courageously and you have been given the ultimate reward. We will see you in heaven...and we will again rejoice with you.
We will have a Memorial Service for Carol on Monday June 23rd at 1pm in the sanctuary at Shepherd of the Hills Porter Ranch.
7 comments:
Dearest Carol:
You are rejoicing now with the angels (and my mom) in heaven, that you (and she) are finally cancer FREE! I am so blessed to have been your roommate at Women's Encounter and our Mexico Mission trip. What a precious time we had with many tearful hugs of encouragement and inspired dancing! But I'm so looking forward to the welcoming hugs you will give me when I enter the heavenly gates, and we will dance with Jesus on the golden streets forever! I will miss you dear sister, and I know God will reunite us and maybe we'll be roommates once again - this time in our heavenly mansion, for eternity!
My love & prayers go now to your family & dear Justin! And until we see each other again, I will have you in my heart!
Sandy Neville
Dearest Carol:
You are rejoicing now with the angels (and my mom) in heaven, that you (and she) are finally cancer FREE! I am so blessed to have been your roommate at Women's Encounter and our Mexico Mission trip. What a precious time we had with many tearful hugs of encouragement and inspired dancing! But I'm so looking forward to the welcoming hugs you will give me when I enter the heavenly gates, and we will dance with Jesus on the golden streets forever! I will miss you dear sister, and I know God will reunite us and maybe we'll be roommates once again - this time in our heavenly mansion, for eternity!
My love & prayers go now to your family & dear Justin! And until we see each other again, I will have you in my heart!
Sandy Neville
carol, thank you for your jolly strong friendly spirit... the energy & love you shared so freely without strings or expectations...
and the way you remembered special things about each of us.
love,
lisa
Yeah I remember our singles mission trip to Mexico. What an exciting trip that was. I got to know Carol on that trip. Carol was such a joy to be around. Carol always had a smile on her face. Carol loved people. Carol always made me want to know God more. Carol encouraged me to purue God. Carol and I could joke together. I will miss Carol, but I will see Carol again when I join her in Heaven. Carol made such an impact on others. I have talked to other people who knew Carol and I hear things from those people, and I wish I could have spent more time with Carol to get to know her better.
I got to know Carol at the Ensenada
Mission trip of 2006. She was really in a wonderful spirit and was totally blessed by that trip.
For the praise time at the church in Ensenada she was dancing and having a great time praising the Lord. She was a little nervous about sharing her testimony but when she did, it was so powerful. We were all very proud of her. After that trip, I noticed a spiritual growth in Carol and her desire to serve the Lord in other areas of ministry. I know she contributed to many others going on mission trips including myself.
I will miss you dearly Carol. My prayers are with your son and family. The only confort and joy is that you are now with the Lord. One day, I hope to share in that future glory. So long, my sister in Christ.
What a great lady. Carol, we will see you again one day.
Carol, I especially remember your serving heart. You not only dove into Scripture to see how God's Law prepares our heart and leads us to saving grace found only in the cross. But, you took that love and told people how they also can be saved.
What rejoicing there must be in Heaven right now. How many more people will be there because you cared enough to share the gospel with them. You are an encouragement to me.
I also pray for comfort for your family.
Wow! Can't believe it. Life is short. God is good. I LOVE your spirit Carol. You did not even look sick. I wish I could look as good as you. You are BEAUTIFUL. Stay strong. You're family is in my prayers. You will be remembered asa s spirited gal. Love your zest.
Love,
ang:)
Post a Comment