
We have had the privilage of visiting Rancho Sordo Mudo several times in the last few years and it is always a blessing to see and hear our friend Luke Everett! Luke's parents founded Rancho Sordo Mudo 38 years ago to serve the needs of deaf children in Mexico and teach them about Jesus. I won't take the time to write out much of what he said...because you would be much better served to hear the story from Luke in person. For now, you can also log onto their web site and click on the audio/video link and download the message. (NOTE: Luke mentioned that they were renovating the entire web site...so it will likely be down for most of the next couple of weeks)
The one thing that I want to write about tonight is how touching it is to hear the story of Luke and his family and of Rancho Sordo Mudo. It is so amazing to hear him talking again and again about how God has a plan for our lives! In the midst of so much tragedy, he continues to see how God has blessed him and how God has used him to touch the lives of others. Most of us complain and whine about so many little things...and fail to praise God in all of our blessings. Yet Luke has kept his eyes on Jesus...just like to the bible tells us to do in Hebrews!
Every time I hear him, I am convicted to rethink my attitude! He has had far more tragic things happen in his life, yet he kept talking about God having a plan! He kept talking about how Jesus always provides! It sure makes me think about the silly little things that I have complained about or whined about. We are so blessed, yet we find it so easy to take God's blessings for granted and complain about one thing or another.
The one thing that I want to write about tonight is how touching it is to hear the story of Luke and his family and of Rancho Sordo Mudo. It is so amazing to hear him talking again and again about how God has a plan for our lives! In the midst of so much tragedy, he continues to see how God has blessed him and how God has used him to touch the lives of others. Most of us complain and whine about so many little things...and fail to praise God in all of our blessings. Yet Luke has kept his eyes on Jesus...just like to the bible tells us to do in Hebrews!
Every time I hear him, I am convicted to rethink my attitude! He has had far more tragic things happen in his life, yet he kept talking about God having a plan! He kept talking about how Jesus always provides! It sure makes me think about the silly little things that I have complained about or whined about. We are so blessed, yet we find it so easy to take God's blessings for granted and complain about one thing or another.
No comments:
Post a Comment