This evenings message was about listening to (and following) the awesome plan that God has for our lives! We talked about Moses and the excuses that he comes up with in the first few chapters of Exodus. It really seems quite humorous in a way. Yet quite honestly, I have had my share of excuses for God and I suspect that most of you have as well. I love the book of Exodus because of all of it's practical lessons!
I happen to believe that there is a great value for us, to "spend time in the dessert". (Although, I do not think that we need to spend 40 years in the dessert as the Israelites did). When we face our trials (and Jesus said that we "will have trials"), then it is of utmost importance that we learn the lessons that are to be learned and keep our attitudes (and our countenance) in line with the man or woman of faith that we are!
This evenings outline is below. Please feel free to post comments on the message...and on what God is speaking into your life now...
New Years - New Beginnings
January 6, 2007
Pastor David Macer
1) Introduction – Last week
2) Vision Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. Proverbs 29:18
...a) protect yourself…and your witness…
...b) listen for what God is calling you to do
..........be in a Life group, lead a Life group, serve in this ministry, Encounter, Bible reading, ..........memorizing) for the things that God has called us to do!
3) Reasons that some do not have vision for the future
...a) Things from the __past__ are weighing us down (Encounter)
...b) We haven’t learned to ___hear__ the voice of God
John 8:47 He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you
do not hear is that you do not belong to God."
...c) We’re too busy with details of life (busyness – to _kill_ the heart)
...d) Fear of failure
4) Some practical things to stay on-course
This is what the introspection of last week was for! (What are the things that YOU need to change your life?)
...a) Reading the Bible
...b) Memory Verses
...c) Prayer Partners
...d) Accountability Partners
...e) Whatever it takes for us individually…
5) My goals for 2007
I shared a number of my personal goals with the live audience…
6) The reason that I shared that with you?
...a) It can help me stay accountable to what God has called me to!
...b) I pray that it might help someone here?
7) Joshua! Jeremiah! Moses! Hosea!
........Joshua: Be strong and of good courage!
They all had their excuses. We can all make excuses. Yet, God tells us to rise above our excuses and follow Him, Obey Him. TRUST HIM! HE IS WORTHY OF EVERY OUNCE OF OUR TRUST!
No comments:
Post a Comment