The article that I first mentioned has been removed because I have not found confirmation of it's validity. Even the author of the article could not provide sufficient details (his reponse is mentioned in the comments section below...) I've researched it as much as I know how and cannot confirm it so it's been deleted...
Here is the rest of this post...
I'm not going to repeat the whole Bible Study now, but I pray that those of you that were there will take tonight's Bible study to heart. We really do need to stop being so lazy as Christians. In this country, we have it so easy that we take our relationship with God for granted.
Threre are 3,000 languages that do not have a Bible at all. We have it and we don't read it? That's crazy! The creator of the universe wrote an awesome life changing book to us and we are too lazy to read it? That's appalling.
These last few weeks, we have talked extensively about faith and completely trusting God. How can we really trust Him when we don't really know Him? We can get to know God much more intimately be reading His Word and spending time with Him on a regular basis. Yet, most of us are too busy to spend time with God. How can that be possible? Yet, I know it is possible because I am guilty of it all the time. I need the strengthening that can only come from Him. May we have the discipline to develop better habits and grow closer to God! May God bless you.
3 comments:
Can you verify if this quote attributed to Spock is authentic?
Hi Michael,
Great question. I've been trying to find a second source for the quote and I e-mailed the author of the article to find his original source. Here is his response:
"The source of the Spock quote was from Redbook magazine from 1974. Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of the article - just the quote.
Sorry I can't be more helpful."
Bob Burney
Host - Bob Burney Live!
WRFD Radio
Columbus, Ohio
I will keep trying to research a second source.
Blessings,
Dave
The so-called quote of Benjamin Spock first saw life on October 30, 2007, in Bob Burney's article nearly 10 years after Spock died. It is unfortunate to me that this total fabrication hooked so many into spreading the falsehood. The story of Willow Creek's self-reappraisal is interesting on its own without the need to have false quotes attached to it. The preacher at my church, being a trusting soul, also found Bob Burney's misquote worth quoting.
Post a Comment